Sunday, July 27, 2008

San Francisco, CA


On Saturday, I drove down to SF to see Tim. He's teaching at a summer program called the Civic Education Project (CEP). It's an intensive service learning/social justice program for high school kids. He's living at SF State for the next few weeks.

After really tasty veggie hot dogs at the Underdog in the Sunset, we met up with my good friend (aka my separated-at-birth-sister) Suzy, her new bf, and the bf's dog and went to Fort Funston.


Fort Funston is pretty much doggie heaven. It's a huge off-leash dog area right on the ocean.

After, we went to get ice cream at the most amazing place: Bi-Rite Creamery. Delicious. On the way there, I saw this interesting window. I decided it belonged to either a hippie, hipster, or old lady. She (or he) really likes owls. Is it just me, or is it crazy that it could potentially be the work of any three of those categories of people?



Then, Tim and I got burritos at my favorite burrito place: Gordo's! We ate them at Stern Grove (which included accidentally disturbing a couple of teenagers that were either makin' out or smokin' out behind a fire pit).


We also practiced our shakeface. If you've not tried this, you should. Just shake your face and have someone take a picture.



SF is pretty great as a city. However, the people, I decided, are generally not that friendly. Ironic, no? Still, if it wasn't so damn expensive, or someone gave me a house, or a job that paid me a lot, I'd live there:)

3 comments:

Suzy Brannon said...

Love that you are regularly updating your blog! That Saturday was a lot of fun. That is a great pic of Turkey. Here are the pics I took that day: http://picasaweb.google.com/sbrannon/FortFunston7260802

Suzy Brannon said...

Let's try that again with a working link :)
Fort Funston pics

I FOUND THIS TAPE said...

See? People read this blog.