Friday, September 4, 2009

The Dirty, Fried South

I went to Vicksburg, MS for work. We had a meeting with staff from all 5 of our NCCC campuses across country. Although I didn't want to make the trip for an entire week, it ended up being worth the trek. It was cool to meet people face-to-face, learn about where NCCC is going (big changes with the Serve Act), and have an excuse to eat fried. I had a cold the entire time, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the fried pickles, fried catfish, fried cornbread balls (aka hush puppies)...you get the picture. These were taken on my last day there when I started to feel a little better and could partake more completely.

fried pickles - a little taste of heaven.

This lady is souuuutheeeern. I had to pretend to take a photo of my co-worker, Larry to get her!

Hush puppies are probably my favorite fried.


People in the South love dead stuff on boards.

Can you see that? The catfish comes with all SIX of those items. What? Who are these people?

No comments: