Monday, April 27, 2009

Lamp Addiction

In addition to my bag problem, I also have a lamp addiction. I have no idea why, but I love them. I went through a vintage Asian phase. Now, I think I'm probably at capacity for Asian-themed stuff (although this won't stop me from getting more if I find something that I heart). I blame it on our house being so dark, but Tim just thinks I have a problem. He may just break up with me if I bring another lamp home. Here are my latest finds:




It's magic! This lamp is not only a lamp, but also an alarm clock! I found this one and the white one below at this crazy guy's place in Davis. It's the same place I found a pretty awesome fold-down desk that he wouldn't sell me or even tell me the price.

This was exactly what I was looking for to place on top of the piece of furniture I'm refinishing (see previous posts). I think the crisp white will look awesome against the light wood. It will also bring out the super cool white branch-like hardware I got. (Ignore the dirty laundry pile in the background.) I need to find a lampshade because the one that was on it was u-g-l-y and I gave it back to the guy to keep.

Some previous purchases include the following:


The above orange and yellow lucite are a work in progress. I have no idea where I am going to put them, but they were $7.00 on ebay. Shortly after this purchase, I had my nightmare experience with ebay and lamps that is still not put to rest. It involves me finding the most awesomest lamp ever and having it come in pieces and the seller being an idiot. Don't buy lamps on ebay.


I love this old TV lamp. There's a light bulb behind the shade.

Productive weekend, I think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That clock lamp/claw thing is outstanding. OUT-standing. Where did you even find this?

Anna said...

There is the used furniture place in Davis. It's a mess and the guy is a little nutty, but I like to go in there occasionally to see what new stuff he has. Sometimes it's over-priced, but for the most part there's some god finds. The claw-like lamp was $20.00 and the white one was $29.00. I'm certain he makes prices up as we go. I also got my shelves that are eames-eraish there. I think you can see them on one of my posts..we have our TV on it in the living room.